Friday 28 August 2015

How to make your own travel scrapbook


Okay so if you’ve seen my latest post you’ll know I’ve started a new series where I tell you the stories from each sticker in my travelling scrapbook. If you haven’t click here: http://alyssastravelling.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/alyssas-travelling-scrapbook-story-1.html

Anyway today I thought I’d add a twist to the series and teach you how to create your own travel scrapbook!

Scrapbooking can be as expensive or inexpensive as you chose to make it. It can also be as butt-ugly or pretty as you make it. I of course like to make mine the latter with just the right hint of adventure.

Anyway here’s my step by step guide to making your own travel scrapbook!

Step 1: Buy a proper scrapbook (duh) these are basically big books with lots of coloured paper.

Step 2: Buy some decorations I chose these buttons and lock embellishments from the works for £1 each.
 

Step 3: Make some decorations. Remember that this is a creative activity so a little originality is required, take a look at the paper rose I created using old bits of tissue paper. (Super easy see.) You can also use any old things as decoration such as old unwanted jewellery, bits of ribbon or lace, pins/badges or spare keyrings. Do keep in mind though how fat you want the scrapbook to become and how easily you want it to shut.
 

Step 3 write the name of the place you’ve travelled to on the page. You can do this in glitter pen, gel pens, highlighters etc. I didn’t have one to hand so I went for a nice swirly font. Don’t be afraid to mix things up as you go along, after all the best travel books are inspired by the place you’re going to.
 

Step 4: Decide what you want to collect I like using stickers and post cards as these are inexpensive and flat. You can also use things like dried leaves or petals (spray them with a sprits of perfume for good measure). Or you can collect pebbles and shells from beaches. Just use your imagination.

Step 5 Have fun!

This is what my decorated page looks like:

Now I’m all set to start collecting souvenirs!

Enjoy your travelling scrapbook!

If you do create a scrapbook show me a picture either in the comments or using the hashtag #travelscrapbook


-Alyssa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment